Hollingworth & Sons
The Hollingworth family came from Stenson House Farm, Ticknall, around 1936-37 and moved to a small farm opposite the present Toyota site, working for Sid Robinson of New Close Farm. They then rented Lodge Farm from Peter Thorne of Etwall Lodge, later purchasing it from him.
John Hollingworth c. 1950
Originally, milk was delivered by bucket and can, until about 1948 by means of a three-wheeled bike.
David Hollingworth with nephew Martin c. 1969
Terry Cooper on his round
JDR was established about 1980, initially as a grocer’s shop in Newhall, buying in from Birmingham market and supplying pubs and restaurants. This developed into the present business which brings produce from local and overseas sources to provide its “fresh-pak” products to catering companies. The packing and cleaning are carried out in a unit behind Lodge Farm.