3-7 Willington Road
Terry Adams - November 2008
Formerly ‘Adams Cattle Cake Mill’ Numbers 3–7 Willington Road were converted into three cottages in 1937, the conversion being carried out by local builder Wilfred Wood.
Number 3 is somewhat distinguished by the fact that it is still inhabited by the same family that took up residence when it first become a cottage.The first resident was Mr. Albert Edward Bailey with his wife Mabel Ann. He was followed by Ashley Edward William Bailey, and the current occupants are Miranda Juliet Bailey, with her partner Mr. Stephen Matthew Bainbrigge, together with their son Edward Stephen.
There is a brick on the front of the building, between No’s 3 and 5 with the year 1896 set into it, presumably this was put in at the time of building.